Located at the Friendly Society Private Hospital – Woondooma Street entrance.
Open 7 days a week – 8 am to 8 pm.
Phone 07 4331 1777.
When you have an emergency, you need a comprehensive healthcare facility that puts your mind at ease, every step of the way.
At The Friendlies Emergency Department, you will be assured of fast access to vital healthcare services, in a welcoming environment.
Why Choose The Friendlies Emergency Department?
When you choose The Friendlies Hospital Bundaberg Emergency Department you are choosing:
- Specialist-led emergency department
- Accredited Level 4 emergency department
- Experienced professionals with advanced training in emergency care
- New state-of-the-art emergency private hospital facility
- Leading-edge medical technology
Benefits of using our Private Emergency Department
The Friendlies Emergency Department is led by experienced and compassionate specialists, backed up by the Friendlies Hospital team who are trained in providing both adult and paediatric emergency services.
- Short wait times.
- We send a discharge letter to your GP, so you can be assured of continuity of care.
- Receive a follow-up phone call the next day.
- No appointment, referral or private health insurance is required.
- Patients with private health insurance can be admitted to Friendly Society Private Hospital if needed.
- Free service for DVA gold members and approved WorkCover patients.
Friendlies Emergency Department fees
A gap fee is payable for all patients (see our FAQs for more information).
Most people, regardless of whether they have private health insurance.
Service Fee for a child 15 years and under – $210.00*
Service fee for an adult – $250.00*
*for holders of a current Medicare Card
This is one of the lowest fees in Australia for a private emergency department.
Coming to The Friendlies Emergency Department by ambulance?
Patients requiring an ambulance may be able to be brought directly to The Friendly Society Private Hospital, simply by indicating their choice of hospital to the Queensland Ambulance Service.
To assist in making your wishes known, we have developed a Friendlies VIP card. For more information and to request a card, click here.