Podiatry Service in Bundaberg
Our Podiatrist Claire Barrand treats medical conditions and injuries of the foot, ankle and lower limb.
This can include skin and nail problems, foot and ankle injuries, foot complications and problems with gait or walking.
Claire can help with:
- General foot care – corns, callus, in-grown toenails
- Sports injuries sustained to the foot and ankle
- Children’s conditions – knee pain, heel pain, foot pain, footwear advice
- Diabetic assessments – including checking blood flow and blood pressures.
- Diabetic Foot
- Orthotic Therapy – Including assessment and custom orthotics
- Footwear Advice
- Foot ulcer management
- Nail surgery with local anaesthetic
- Dry needling
- Foot mobilisation
- Low level laser therapy
- NDIS assessment & Treatment
Claire specialises is providing treatment and advice for the following services:
- High-risk foot (related to diabetes)
- Numbness or pins-and-needles
- Poor circulation – full vascular assessment
- Wound management
- Sports podiatry
- Children’s development
- Toes pointing inward or outward
- Standing and walking on tip-toe
- Growing pains
- Paediatric flat foot and foot posture
Injuries & Pain
- Foot pain
- Sprains and stress fractures
- Persistent heel pain
- Nail surgery for management of ingrown toenails
- Ingrown toenails
- Thickened toenails
- Corns and calluses
- Tinea and other fungal conditions
- Cracked heels
Telephone the Friendlies Physiotherapy Service on 4331 1888 to make an appointment.
Claire immigrated to Australia in 2008 from England after graduating from Southampton University. She has experience working in both the public and private sector as a Podiatrist.
She currently holds full registration with the Queensland Podiatry Association and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). She is a full member of Sports Medicine Australia (SMA), Australasian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine (AAPSM) and Diabetes Queensland.
A general Podiatrist, Claire’s main interests are in chronic disease management and the high risk foot and has experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in remote and far North Queensland in areas of chronic and acute wound management, Charcot foot, the ‘ulcerated high risk’ foot, the ‘at risk’ foot and preventative diabetic foot related complications.
Claire also enjoys and practices in the areas of paediatric podiatry, nail surgery and management of sports injuries.
She is also able to provide footwear advice, prescribe custom made orthotics and offers LASER to assist in managing musculoskeletal injuries and is trained in dry needling.