Prior to admission there are a number of things to remember and consider:
- If you received a pre-admission pack please ensure it is returned to us at least one week prior to your admission
- Your Doctor’s admission letter
- Your health fund, Medicare, pension and/or pharmaceutical cards
- Completion of a consent form
- Any relevant x-rays
- Mobility aids if necessary
- Please leave your valuables at home, including jewellery and large amounts of money. The hospital does not accept any responsibility for loss of money or valuables.
For overnight stay patients The Friendly Society Private Hospital has a daily discharge time of 10am on the day that you are due to leave the hospital. We understand that it is not always possible to arrange collection and transportation home prior to 10am, therefore if this is not possible we will make you comfortable in our discharge lounge until such time that you can be collected.
For Day Surgery patients you will be advised of your discharge time by your doctor after your procedure.
A member of the Reception Services team will register and confirm patient admissions with all Private Health Funds, however it is the responsibility of each patient or next of kin to call at reception and discuss any out of pocket expenses and confirm all details prior to discharge. Any out of pocket expenses will be required at the time of discharge.