During winter, dry and flaky skin can become a problem, at least on the surface. One of the easiest ways to combat this is through body exfoliation.
Exfoliation is the removal of dry/dead skin cells on the surface of the skin. The great thing about it is that not only does it help a range of skin problems, it also increases blood circulation, which in turn helps you to achieve health and glowing skin.
Here are some other tips to keep your skin glowing in winter.
- Hydration. Drinking enough water is still important in winter. If you notice dry skin, drink a few extra glasses.
- Use a humidifier. As the air dries out in winter, it can be extra harsh on your skin. If you have a humidifier consider using it, especially at night to keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid hot showers and baths. While it feels great to warm up with a hot shower or bath, it is not the kindest for your skin. If you do want to indulge in a hot bath, make sure you moisturise afterwards.
- Exfoliate. Most experts recommend only exfoliating once or twice a week, as over-exfoliation can make the problem worse, not better. Also use a gentle exfoliation.
- Moisturise. During winter, opt for a cream moisturiser instead of a lotion as creams are more moisturising.
Shop our infused exfoliation range – Spongelle.
The Spongelle range are body buffers and bath products that are infused with exotic extracts, rich moisturisers and gentle cleansers to keep skin youthful and glowing after use.
Spongelle Body Contouring Buffer (Centre) – With a built-in cleanser, this is a dual sided buffer that massages, exfoliates, smooths and detoxifies the skin and will help boost circulation. $21.25 for members, regularly $25.
Body Wash Infused Back Buffer Milk and Honey (Right) – An Eco-friendly body wash infused back buffer that is especially designed to cleanse areas hard to reach. This all-in-one beauty treatment is enriched with a skin-softening natural formula and extracts of rosehip, green tea and hibiscus. This buffer will cleanse, exfoliate, massage and tone and is made with essential oil fragrance blends. $34 for members, regularly $40.
Body Wash Infused Anti Cellulite Glove Lavender and Eucalyptus (Left) – An eco-friendly body wash infused contouring glove that is naturally formulated to help smooth areas prone to cellulite. This all-in-one beauty treatment is enriched with natural skin toning ingredients and extracts of coffee and sea kelp. Use the glove to cleanse, exfoliate and massage to help stimulate circulation. It is made with essential oil fragrance blends. $27.63 for members, regularly $32.50.
For more great savings view our catalogue here.