Bundaberg Physiotherapy – regain your physical freedom
The Friendlies experienced and qualified Physiotherapists can help you recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness and increase mobility.
Bundaberg’s trusted Physio practice, our team members have a broad range of experience including treatment for injuries, pain management, rehabilitation, Women’s Health and exercise programs.
Our Bundaberg Physiotherapists are your top choice for hands-on physiotherapy treatment, management and prevention. We also work closely with our other Allied Health Services including Occupational Therapists and a Podiatrist to ensure you get the right treatment for your needs.
Stay active and regain your physical freedom with the very best of care from our friendly team.
How our Physiotherapists can help
Our Bundaberg Physios have a number of special interests and can offer the following services and treatments to inpatients and outpatients.
- Acute injuries
- Sports injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Chronic pain management
- Ergonomic and postural assessment in adults and children
- Pre-sport screening assessment in adults and children
- Postoperative orthopaedic care
- Lymphedema management
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Women’s Health
- Pre and postnatal
- Pilates exercise therapy
- NDIS assessment and treatment
- Dry needling
Personal, friendly service
How your body moves and responds to injuries, surgery, illness and other conditions is unique to you. Our physios work closely with you to observe and understand what’s happening so we can draw on clinical expertise and best practice to provide optimal treatment for your needs.
In an initial consultation, we’ll ask you about:
· Your daily routine, leisure and sporting activities, work and previous medical history, surgery or injuries.
· The current issue, how long it has been affecting you, level of pain, and how it may be impacting your daily life.
· Your movement and fitness goals.
We’ll then develop an individual plan to address any acute or chronic issues. An effective treatment plan may include hands-on treatment as well as home-based exercises, stretches or activities to support healing, build strength and prevent a recurrence.
We are here to help you stay healthy, keep moving and be the best you can be.
Friendlies Physiotherapists are fully qualified and experienced. Some have been supporting the Bundaberg community with Physiotherapy for many years.
Each team member has their own specific areas of specialty and interests in addition to general physio treatments.
- Matthew Churchill (Head Physiotherapist): Dry needling, casting (plaster and synthetic), injury screening for running and swimming, muscle energy techniques for thoracic, lumbar and pelvic areas, joint replacement rehabilitation.
- Sara Atkinson: lymphedema, women’s health, pre and postnatal, pelvic floor, paediatrics, workstation assessment, sports injuries.
- Tara Gribble: paediatrics, Pilates, advanced dry needling.
- Cory Holzberger: back, neck and shoulder pain, sports injuries, orthopaedic rehabilitation.
- Seb Martinez-Copete: inpatient rehabilitation, post-operative orthopaedics, sports injuries and dry needling.
- Blyton Pendergast: inpatient rehabilitation, post-operative orthopaedics, sports injuries, muscle energy techniques.
- Corrine Pilcher: inpatient rehabilitation, post-operative orthopaedics.
- Mitchell Shorten: persistent and neurogenic pain, tendon rehabilitation, degenerative shoulder injuries, knee and hip osteoarthritis, Parkinson’s disease, orthopaedic rehabilitation.
We’re also closely affiliated with CQU’s Physiotherapy program, supporting the education of the next generation of local Physiotherapists.
Sports Injury Clinic
Don’t let injury hold you back! Every Monday from 8am to 9.30am, we offer 15-minute walk-in appointments to provide weekend sports injury advice and treatment. Bookings are not required. Find out more about our Sports Injury Clinic.
Falls Prevention and Exercise Program
Join our Physiotherapist and a personal trainer for a one-hour falls prevention and exercise class. Classes focus on standing and endurance exercises to help you minimise the risk of falls. There are six classes per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. View the Falls Prevention and Exercise Program timetable.
All of our Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and our Podiatrist offer NDIS services. View all of our NDIS services and supports.
How to book
Please call our clinic on 07 4331 1888, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.